I'm loving my new book- "A dictionary of colour" by Ian Paterson. Now I just need to try and fit those words into everyday conversation!
The definitions are:
- Gleaming, shining brightly
- A yellowish green- linked to a baby's leak!
- having colour/ possessing an abundance of colour
- Having the colour (and other characteristics) of a tortoise or tortoise-shell
- A yellow dyed used for silks
- The coloured ribbons used in bull-fighting
Now, obviously I'm not going to make it easy for you- so see if you can match up the definition to the word.