Sunday 20 June 2010

13 Months Of Colour

Ok, I admit it, time has just slipped by and I haven't been able to keep up with the challenge.

Life got in the way.

I originally planned to spent a year looking at 6 different colours (yellow, orange, red, violet, blue and green) dedicating two months to each colour.

I did ok with yellow, orange, red and even managed to squeeze in some violet but by the end of 2009 life got a lot more hectic.

Add in travelling a lot for work, Christmas and the magazine I was working for upping the number of issues by 33% and I barely found much time for beading and any I did do was often dictated by other factors and I wasn't able to devote the time to it I wanted.

So, I have decided to wind it all back in and go back to the start and change the parameters.

So, rather than dictate a set amount of time to each colour, I want to work with each one until I personally feel I have learnt all I can about it.

This will hopefuly stop me rushing through a colour, as I felt I did with yellow, to meet the schedule when I would rather play with it more.

So, in celebration of this I have gone back to yellow and violet!

These are two colours and a scheme I fell in love with all the way back at the start which surprised me.

I am in the middle of beading a set of three banngles which use each colour to different amounts.


No comments:

Post a Comment