Friday 7 May 2010

Metallics And Mint

I seem to only be working with metallics at the moment- specifically silver.

I normally try and involve this in beads as I am so wary of the galvanised finish. All that work for the colour to just rub off- I hate it!

But some guidelines I decided to try and work to specified the following colours: "Gold, silver, pale blues, sweet mauve, gunmetal, hint of mint green"
So I headed to my silver beads and have found it hard to leave them every since!
First up is my Miriam Bangle which I first beaded using silver, gunmetal and these lovely violet Swarovski rivolis.



Miriam_Bangle
Color by COLOURlovers

I have previously written (nearly 4 years ago- yikes!) about making sure you mix matte with shiny and that still applies and the gunmetal beads perfrom that task in this piece.

Next up was another version of the bangle and this time I took inspired from the mint green mentioned in the brief.
I matched the green up with a dark forest green and a crystal that is mainly clear.
Miriam_Bangle_variat
Color by COLOURlovers

After beginning with the silver on my bangle I continued it for these crystal interlocking pieces. I have combined them with olivine green crystals which I absolutely love.


Crystal_interlocking
Color by COLOURlovers

No comments:

Post a Comment